Sculptures and Midterms

Today was very busy. Once SACI opened, I went to the sculpture studio to work on my elephant (even though this project will take us to the end of the semester). I need a lot of different tools for the project-- these are only some of them (hammer, saw, shaver, and chisel.... and my super stylish protection glasses)!



While it may not look that different from yesterday's progress, I was able to get even more stone out so hopefully my elephant will be light enough to take on the plane... I probably should have picked a smaller piece of stone!! 




After about an hour in the studio, it was time to head to the library to prep for midterms. For my museology class, I have to give a group presentation on a curator. My group and I chose Alfred Barr, the first curator of MOMA, because that is now my favorite museum in the States. It's crazy to think that midterms are almost here (week after this coming week) and that the semester is almost halfway over. Below are some of the books my group and I looked at today... It was a very intense study session! We'll have to meet again during the week to put all our information together for the powerpoint.



Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts