I've Got the Travel Bug

Today was a good day. First of all, my cinema class got out 2 hours early because people wanted to study for midterms. So instead of a half hour break between classes today, I had a two and a half hour one! Then, in ceramics I was super productive. Not only did I finish my vase...





But I also came up with a pretty cool idea for my final project.. That is, if I can pull it off! Since my mom and I travel so much, I want to make a globe. Sounds easy enough right? But wait... I want it to spin like the ones at the store do. We have to use other materials besides clay for our project too, so this is perfect. I think I'll do a non-traditional globe, though, something like in the picture below. That way, it will be easier to stick a metal rod in and attach a base to the piece.
*Pic from Google*


As far as decoration for my piece, I want to have the continents be built up a little with either animals, flags or both coming out of each place I've been to. In case I go with the flag idea, I did very rough sketches of 32 flags of countries I've been to... Can you tell I like to travel???




On top of that, we had our midterm review in class today and I am feeling very confident about my midterm on Thursday. While my classmates haven't studied, I knew the answers to almost every question on the review sheet. Hopefully the midterm will be exactly like it!

When I got home, I did a quick Conad run, where I found a mug that we have in the apartment. Of course I had to buy myself a touristy mug... But it was only 3 euro and it's perfect for tea so it was worth it!


Well, it's time to get back to studying and sketching...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts