Up Close with Snakes

Today was a bit more relaxed. In the early morning (6am session), we were able to sleep in for the first time since being here. After breakfast, we had a creativity workshop for the photography program, where we talked about black and white images, freezing motion, and multiple exposures. We edited some of our photos we had taken previously. I always have loved multiple exposures, so I was playing around with that. See below.






After a quick editing session, we walked over to the polocrosse fields where some of the gals working at the stables jumped for us. It was fun being able to get right up to them.





After a while, I even got on the ground and pointed my camera upwards to take photographs. Oh, what you do as a photographer to get the shot!!!





On the way back from the fields, we saw one of the staff members of Antelope Park with a snake around his neck. Apparently, there’s a snake room here and he was headed to show one of his friends. We stopped briefly to take photos of it.






We had the rest of the day at leisure, which I desperately needed. I was going to sit by the river and try to photograph birds, but I got too tired so I ended up taking a nap. Tomorrow will be a relaxing day too, as I’ll be off in the early morning again. We got to choose what we wanted to do for the rest of the day, so I chose to photograph the lion feeding in the morning after breakfast, watch the polo game in the afternoon, and then I’ll have off in the evening to edit photos.


More later!

Comments

Popular Posts