Down to the Nitty Gritty

Today I painted my last little safari animal... the giraffe! I finished an hour early too, so I got to go home which was nice. I almost went cross eyed from painting all these marks (they're everywhere.. underside, in between the legs, etc). Now, all my pieces are ready for firing and then I'll glaze them and I'll be all done minus the final and critique. It's getting down to the nitty gritty here!



Speaking of getting down to the nitty gritty, I have even started going through everything in my apartment and have most of my stuff packed. I only have two more weeks here (and no more weekends here, but I'll get to that in a bit) so I have packed most of my things up. 




I'm starting to put the room back to how I found it too... All the excess hangers are back in my closet and extra sheets, pillow cases, and blankets are in the closet as well.




I'm getting really excited for this weekend since I'm going to the Amalfi Coast but now I have something to look forward to next week too... I'm going back to Rome (thanks mom)!!!! All roads lead back to Rome... But this time I'll be doing something very different: I signed up for a day trip to Tivoli to see Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este and a half day trip to see the ancient Ostia ruins (Rome's former port city). I'm also excited because I'll be staying at the same hotel I was at over spring break and it is within walking distance to the Colosseum, an area which I still know very well from my summer study abroad there. These trips are definately a great way to spend my last two weeks in Italy!

Well I have to wake up early for a field trip tomorrow so...

Ciao for now! 

Comments

Popular Posts