Arrivederci, Sorrento

Today my weekend getaway came to an end. It was hard to say goodbye to my hotel room when I had this view... 



A perfect reading spot!




And the hotel made the best cappuccino I've had since my study abroad in Rome.




And just like that, it was time to say goodbye to Hotel Settimo Cielo (which literally means "seventh heaven". Heaven it was indeed).




My train from Naples to Florence wasn't until 2pm, but with all the problems I had getting to Sorrento, I made sure to leave plenty of time. So, I left the hotel at 10:30 and hopped aboard an 11am train to Naples. Unlike the ride from Naples to Sorrento, each and every stop was announced so I didn't have to keep looking at the route map which was nice. I also talked with some nice American tourists so the trip went by pretty quickly. I could even see a few parts of Pompei from the train! Everything went according to plan, and I ended up having 2 hours in the Naples train station (yikes). I was a bit nervous because I've seen so many Italian mafia movies that take place in or near Naples, so I went to a cafe for lunch and ended up staying there for the wifi. 

When I boarded the train to Florence, I got one last look at Mt. Vesuvius from the window. 




Two and a half hours later, I arrived at the train station in Florence. I didn't feel like cooking and McDonald's was on the way home.... I'm sure you can guess the end of that sentence. 

I'm already missing Sorrento and the hotel... Not only is it already really noisy outside my bedroom window, I also tried to take a shower and the water was ice cold on the hottest setting. But, the good news is that this Friday (just four days from now!!!!) I'll be headed to Rome for the weekend where I'll visit Tivoli and Ostia! And the weekend after that? Well... It will be spent with my dogs and mom and friends and NON ITALIAN FOOD in LA! 

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts