Painting My Carving

Today I only had sculpture, which ended up being pretty short since I finished everything early. My elephant carving (round two) is done! Below is when I was getting ready to paint some of it...




And below is after I painted it. I left the skin without color since the stone is already grey and I like the texture of it. The decoration is more of a dark red and bright gold but the red didn't come out well in this picture. Once we have our critique I should be all done with the class and free to go, since only two sculptures are required and I've already done three. 



It's been really loud in the mornings here (the walls are paper thin and I hear everything on the street, in the apartments above, as well as in my apartment) and I haven't been getting much sleep so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts