Museo Galileo

Today I felt a little better so I went to my museology class. We went on a field trip to a science museum, called the Museo Galileo. It had some cool things, but I wasn't able to enjoy it fully since I wasn't feeling well but also because Italian kids are SO loud... and there were SO many of them. Even their tour guide was practically shouting... We could hear her from four or five rooms over. Below was my favorite piece: the Armillary sphere by Antonio Santucci. It's hard to tell, but at the very center is the terrestrial globe. The sphere represents the "universal machine" of the world according to the concepts developed by Aristotle. 



And below is a close up to give you an idea of how many parts make up the Armillary sphere.




Class was supposed to end at 10:45, but our professor decided to keep us over 45 minutes extra. Her logic was that "we started half an hour late" but that was because she told us to meet 30 minutes later than usual. I was going to go to Gusta Pizza afterwards and take it to go since it was raining, but it doesn't open until 11:30. However, since we were kept so late I got to Gusta a little after it opened. The good news is that I didn't have to wait for Gusta to open, but I did have to wait over half an hour for my pizza since so many other people had gotten there before it opened and didn't yet have their food. It was raining pretty heavy, so I took it to go and ate in my apartment. This is Gusta's "Gusta pizza", with basil, cherry tomatoes and fresh slices of parmesan. Under all that is just a normal margherita pizza. This is my second favorite, when Gusta doesn't have their pesto speciality. It's still the best pizza I've had in my life!




Well, the sickie is better but not nearly 100% so it's off to bed for me. 

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts