Fired Raku

Today was interesting.. I've finished all my required sculpture work but we still have five weeks of class left. Obviously, I can't just not to go class so my professor is having me do another sculpture. So, today I started to carve another elephant. Since my big elephant sculpture is more abstract, I'm going to carve a more realistic one and then paint it when I'm done. I started with a block of stone and by the end of the class, I was almost all done with the carving. 




I'm going on a ceramics field trip tomorrow to fire my Raku pieces, which I picked up on my way home. They went through bisque firing and luckily none of them broke. I have two penguins, a curved plate, a decorative tea pot, and a cherry blossom candle holder. I'm not looking forward to carrying these on the train, but at least they're small!




Well, I have to be up pretty early to meet my class at the train station so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts