African Animals in Florence

Today was very easy going. I had my cinema class, where we watched Life Is Beautiful. I've seen it a few times, but every time I watch it I enjoy it. Since I didn't have ceramics today (due to the other section's field trip) I went to the central market to get more dried strawberry and cheese. My favorite vendors are starting to recognize me now and give me discounts!

I also ended up going to the ceramic studio to check on my glazed pieces and start my final project. My shelf is starting to look very colorful! *I still have to glaze the vase on the right.



I also starting to work on my final project for ceramics where I'll be making a series of African safari animals because of my connection to Tanzania. Below is the giraffe I made today. I have to fix the legs to make them skinnier and I need to fix the hooves too but right now the clay is too wet and the whole thing would collapse if I tried to do it now (as I quickly found out). I'm not sure how many I'll make yet-- I guess whatever I have time for since I have to keep busy! 


Well even though today ended up being an easy day of class, it was a long day of work with the library after ceramics so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts