A Game of Sumo

Today felt like the beginning of summer. My phone said it was only 60 degrees, but it felt like at least 80 degrees. I'm feeling much better today and was feeling motivated to finally climb the Duomo. Of course the one day I actually felt like climbing it had to be a Sunday... It was closed. So instead I decided to go to Gusta Pizza where they finally had my favorite special: pesto pizza! It was too nice to sit inside, so I sat on the steps of Santo Spirito as I usually do when the weather permits. I proceeded to take a walk along the Arno, dodging tourists (but eventually bumping into them because they hog the entire sidewalk and don't move. I now call this game "Sumo" like the sumo wrestlers). 





I walked back to the apartment the long way because I wanted to shop. I ended up doing some damage at H&M....But in my defense so many people told me the weather in the spring is bad here, so I only brought one tank top and a few old t-shirts. The rest of my clothes were winter clothes, so I needed more tank tops. At least I'll be able to wear these in Laguna next semester!




And of course, to refresh, I had to make a gelato stop. I got lemon gelato, which tastes more like a sorbet, and that's better to get here in Florence anyways since the traditional gelato isn't good here (I'm definitely missing my gelato shop in Rome). 




Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts