A Broken Heart and Broken Rhino

Today was pretty productive, but sad. I glazed most of my ceramic pieces, except for my vase since there wasn't room in the kiln. My Raku pieces are also in the kiln, and will be ready to glaze by tomorrow. However, we won't be glazing those at SACI. Instead, we will be taking a field trip to glaze the pieces (we still have no idea where we are going... Just that it's an hour away by train). Either way, I'm excited!




Now the sad part... I mentioned yesterday that my rhino cracked in the kiln. Well, the damage was worse than I thought and it's not even worth it to try to glue it together. Below, you can see that the right side is in a lot of little pieces, and some pieces of that part are missing. Even if pieces weren't missing, it would be impossible to glue that back together. So, my rhino that I spent 30+ hours on will be going in the trash. I'm really sad because it was my favorite piece, but on the bright side it's one less thing to ship home. Either way, I'll be recreating Msanii when I get back to LA and hopefully this time he won't crack.



Well, that's it for today so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts