Museo Marino Marini

Today was a food day. A non-Italian food day... I'm getting sick of Italian food (if that's even possible!) But to back track for a minute... In museology today I went to the strangest museum, called Museo Marino Marini. For the most part, the exhibit consisted of sculptures but it's not your typical idea of sculpture. Far from it, in fact. As in, there was a sculpture made to resemble a mountain that wasn't more than a foot tall in the middle of the floor. We walked into another room and there wasn't anything there-- only the sound of trees. And in another room, there was a small piece of stone with 38 corners. I've never been to a stranger museum.. Once we learned the back story behind the pieces, they made sense but it was still the weirdest museum I've ever been to. 

Afterwards, I went to the market where I finally found something I've been craving.....



And from there, the food spree started. My girl friends and I went to get Mexican food again tonight during happy hour. It wasn't nearly as good as LA, which is why I just got nachos with shredded chicken, cheese and guacamole. It tasted much better than it looks in the picture!




My friends also got coladas (which I will have to get next time!) and I got the cranberry margarita that I had last time. Can you believe these are the smalls? I can only imagine the large and pitcher!



Well I have to be up by 6:30am tomorrow because I'm going to Siena and San Gimignano with school so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts