Ceramics AND Sculpture?!

Today was a very interesting day. I had Women in the Arts in Italy this morning, which was hard to get through. The professor basically reads full paragraphs off the powerpoint, and at least 80% of the powerpoint is purely text. And I was complaining about how AU runs the art history department (showing a picture and no text whatsoever)... Guess that wasn't so bad! In any case, I ended up dropping that course and my conservation of archaeological objects (which was very interesting but WAY too long for not being able to excavate anything, which I had thought we were going to do based off the title of the course... Bummer!). To replace those courses, I decided to add another studio art class... Ceramics! Even though I'm taking sculpture, I've found that I really enjoy working with clay so I wanted to do Ceramics. As a graphic design major, you don't really do a lot of three-dimensional hands-on projects, so it's an entirely different thought process that will be good to know. I also added Museology, which I'm looking forward to because there are a lot of museum visits during class time.

I had sculpture in the afternoon, during which I did more work on my horses sculpture. We also had a critique, so I went back to SACI in the evening for two hours to work some more. I went as the other sculpture class was getting out, and when I started to work on my piece some girl thought I was sculpting at the intermediate level! I still have more work to do, but this is the progress I made on my piece today.


I'm still fixing the horse on the left (the one that's giving me the most problems... of course!) and I have more detail to add, so my friend and I are going into the study on Friday to work for a while before we go explore the Boboli gardens and get pizza! Closing up the studio was super creepy because I was the only one there, and had to turn off both the outside and inside lights. I had to use my flashlight on my phone to lock the doors! 

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts