Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 10

Today was a good day-- with a ton of exercise. Why was it more than the norm? Our art history class was in the city and we walked all around Rome for three hours!! (the heat was a great addition). Our goal for today was to recreate the route of the ancient Romans. We started on Tiber Island and proceeded to the Temple of Portunus, Monumental Gateway, and the Capitoline Hill. I preferred this class as opposed to the last class because we learned more about architecture and mythology-- my two favorite subjects of the ancient world.




After class, we had free time for the entire afternoon. My friends and I went to the university to pick up our weekly stipend and went to a local coffeeshop afterwards. I strayed away from the Italian food today and ordered a panino with chicken. I bet you didn't know that a sandwich is called a panino, NOT a panini!!! If you asked for a panini, you'd be getting more than one. Silly Americans!! After a quick lunch break, my friends and I went shopping for hours! Although I didn't buy anything, I looooove wandering the streets of Rome. 


Above is my newest discovery-- frozen coffee! It almost tastes like a slushy and/or ice cream. (It sounds gross but it's fabulous!) 

Tonight, we had a mandatory movie night. This movie was far better than the other one we watched and it was even humorous! When the movie ended, it started pouring (no surprise there!!!) Now, it has rained 5 times this week. Crazy, right? It's always fun standing on a tram with slippery floors. At least now I have my tram legs! 



 Ciao for now!



Comments

Popular Posts