Preparing for a Zimbabwe Adventure

The days get closer and closer, but still it feels like forever. In 18 days, I will be heading to Zimbabwe for a month to do a wildlife photography program for lion conservation. I will be working with a company, African Impact and African Lion & Environmental Research Trust, to photograph lions. My volunteer work in Africa will involve working with lions and orphaned elephants. As a wildlife conservation volunteer in Zimbabwe, or Zim as people say, I will observe lions interact, play and hunt. Rides on rescue elephants and horseback will allow me to get so much closer to the wildlife, photographing it from perspectives and distances few people can ever imagine. 


Most people don't understand, but Africa is a part of me... Each time I go to Africa, I feel more and more like I'm home. There is something about Africa that I can't possibly explain, that very few people can't possibly understand until they go there. I am incredibly passionate about wildlife conservation and as a graphic designer, it impacts my designs. 


As you can tell, Africa and conservation issues are a huge part of who I am. It's what has shaped me into the person I am and it continues to influence me in ways I can't imagine.  I am so incredibly lucky to have this opportunity to work with others who are passionate about these issues, and to be spending more time in Africa. 

I'm counting down the days... 

Chisarai (bye) 

Comments

Popular Posts