Valentine's Day in Florence

Today was very mellow. I slept in and went to SACI in the afternoon where I covered some of my ceramics pieces and did a little work on my elephant for sculpture. I still have more work to do on his leg, but it's coming along...



By that time, it was almost time to go out! This is my new do... Side bangs (I'm too scared to get my bangs cut here in Florence...)



Tonight, my girl friends and I (eight of us total!) went out to dinner. We're tired of Italian and SACI writes up some restaurants in the handbook, so we decided to try a Mexican restaurant not too far from the Duomo. It was really cute and had red and white heart balloons all over the place for Valentine's Day!


I had chimichanga's (yummmm) and.... a cranberry margarita! I'd definately go back to this place again to order nachos (best nachos I've ever had-- pulled chicken, guacamole and cheese on top).




Well, I think tomorrow may be an early day. I may go back to the Uffizi for my homework, or I may do more work in the sculpture studio. I also have to meet with my group for my midterm museology presentation on Alfred Barr, the curator of MOMA. I can't believe midterms are almost here and the semester is halfway over!


Happy Valentine's Day and as always....


Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts