Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 5

Today was the most relaxing day. Why? Because we didn't have classes! That meant we could do whatever we want, whenever we want and after a long week, it was exactly what we needed! In the morning, my friends and I took the tram to Campo De' Fuori, where we walked around. From there, we headed to the Spanish steps and surprisingly it wasn't crowded at all! We also went to the Trevi fountain, where we each threw a coin in and made a wish for good luck.


Our next stop was the Pantheon. I had never been inside before and I was blown away by the beautiful paintings and statues. Right outside, a representative for the Opera was selling tickets so we decided to purchase tickets for the July 16th opera! We will be going in the evening when we have free time-- I could not be any more excited. And of course, we HAD to fill our gelato craving when we noticed the gelatoria across the street! 


Since we didn't know how to get back to tram 8, I asked a policeman in Italian! (I've found that locals are more willing to help you if you communicate with them in their local language, no matter how good or poor your italian is!) He was super helpful and we finally found our very crowded tram. Generally,  the buses and trams look something like this (and we thought public transportation in LA is bad?!)


Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts