Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 8

After a relaxing weekend, it was time to go to back to school for classes. In the morning, we had Italian where we learned about food and articles. Since we learned about food today, we went to the local market with our professor during class. We walked around for a while and some people bought fresh fruit. Yum!!     

During our politics field trip, our bus was super delayed due to a protest outside the Ministry of Education. I had never seen a protest before, so when I saw cops in bullet proof vests and helmets, I was pretty concerned. Luckily, the protest wasn't violent (to my knowledge) and we were on our way to class in the city.



But our day wasn't over yet!!! When we returned to campus, we had to watch an Italian movie. Now, I've seen a lot of Italian movies but this one was rather odd (yet funny!!) The movie followed the life of a young boy, the people he met and the mistakes he had made. After the movie, it was all work when we got back to the apartments!!

As a side note, don't be like me and end up like this while you're trying to study: 


They invented coffee and gelato for a reason!!  


Ahhh, now that I'm restocked on sugar, I can get down to business!!! 

Ciao for now! 

Comments

Popular Posts