Sketching Rhinos in Florence

Today was interesting because I had two classes that I just added yesterday: ceramics and museology. Ceramics was really fun, even though I have some catching up to do. Even though we've only had about two weeks of class, the ceramics class is already on their second project. So, today I worked on sculpting an animal head. I chose to do a rhino, since my nickname in Tanzania (given to me by a Masaai warrior) was Rhino. I didn't take a picture of my work in progress because I was busy rolling out slabs for project two and playing catch up on project one, but here is a sketch.



It will be a wall piece, meaning the neck portion will attach to the wall and the face will come out at you. Pics will be posted this weekend when I have time to go into the studio to work on it more.

Museology was pretty interesting and I don't have a lot of catching up to do for that, which is nice. Plus, tomorrow we are going on a field trip! I have to be up by 8am for it so....

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts