Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 2

Today was our first day of class at the American University of Rome! Today we studied Italain, which was very easy considering I have taken it for the past three years. Our professor is super nice and I'm having a lot of fun practicing my Italian with her. The university is super small but absolutely adorable. There are a few different buildings and there are many local coffeeshops nearby. After our orientation my friend and I went up to the terrace of the university, which overlooks the entire city. I have not seen a more beautiful site! 



After class, we walked back to our apartments which is about a 30 minute walk. In our little groups we stopped for, you guessed it, pizza!! (I am never going to want pizza again). When we arrived back at the apartments, we had quiet time-- a concept that is totally foreign to us. Apparently, Italians love a little siesta about midday and Italian law states specific hours in which one MUST be quiet. We could use that back at home!

In the evening, we ventured out in our groups yet again. We took a bus to the university, where we met our AUR guides and from there we went downtown. We drove by the Circus Maximus on the way, and walked to the Collosseum. Some of us even made a pyramid! 



Regardless to say, I can definitely relate to Juvenal's phrase "most sick men here die from insomnia" because Rome is full of energy and life, even at late hours. Don't worry though, we still have PLENTY of studying to do (and homework!) 

Ciao for now! 

Comments

Popular Posts