Carriage Rides and African Sunsets

Today was very relaxing. We had no activities planned in the early morning and none planned after breakfast, so I used that time to edit pictures and start to put together my presentation. As a photographer here, we put together a presentation of our photos to show the other volunteers and staff. They always see us running around with our huge lenses, but they don’t actually see the end result until this presentation. My favorite spot to edit pictures is the coffee shop, which overlooks the river.  There is a covered patio that is almost Greco-Roman and that reminds me of the Getty Villa back at home. I love to watch the birds as I edit my photos! Today, I sat by the river for two hours waiting for the birds to fly. Finally, this happened…









After lunch, we went on a carriage ride in the bush. This was something I had never done in Africa before, and it made me see wildlife in a whole new way. We were able to get SO close to the wildlife. At one point, we had 10 zebras within arms reach just staring at us. Here are a few pictures from our carriage adventure…













When I got back, I was so eager to edit all of my photos. Around 5pm, I looked outside and saw the sun setting. I knew I had to get up and go take more pictures! African sunsets are so majestic… It’s like straight out of the Lion King. So I leave you with this picture… I love when wildlife cooperates with photos!







More later.

Comments

Popular Posts