At the River's Edge

Today was one of those days where everything kept changing. I was going to go on research in the morning, but too many people were on it. It wouldn’t have been good for photos since the vehicle is so small, so I didn’t go. In the afternoon, we showed our photography presentations to some of the staff at Antelope Park because they missed our presentations yesterday.

The lunch today was the best meal we’ve had out of all the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. We had chicken tacos with pineapple, lettuce, tomato and guacamole. I haven’t been eating much meat here because no one knows what it is, but today’s meal was delicious.

After lunch, I sat by the river to photograph birds. There’s always a kingfisher that sits on the canoe but whenever I try to get a photo, it flies away.  






As I was sitting with my friend outside the coffee shop (my favorite spot) I noticed some horses and donkeys go into the river. So, I went on the bridge to photograph them. I also photographed more birds.








In the late afternoon, I was supposed to go on research… But that didn’t happen because the project coordinator made a mistake. The researcher was already in the field working on a scavenge feed (where a kill is put in a fenced area of land and the release pride have to use their hunting skills to find it). So, there was no research today. Now I’m scheduled to do research tomorrow afternoon since there’s no morning session like usual. Hopefully, it works out because tomorrow is my last day here.



More later…

Comments

Popular Posts