The Touristy Tour of Florence

Today I gave my mom the touristy tour of Florence. We started off at my school, where I showed her my artwork and I also showed her my favorite coffee/snack places around school. From there, we eventually headed across the Arno to go to my favorite pizza place. But first... We had to take a touristy picture with the Ponte Vecchio!




THEN it was time for Gusta Pizza-- the only place I'll get pizza. We got the two specials today, which were eggplant/mozzarella pizza and pesto/mozzarella. It's always the same man working there and if you ask him, he'll tell the pizza chefs to make the pizza in the shape of a heart.




We took the more touristy way back, crossing the Ponte Vecchio. Of course, we had to do a little window shopping, which turned into actual shopping. This was the view from one of the stores on the Ponte Vecchio.




I ended up getting a rose gold ring, which will always remind me of Florence because the design is the city's emblem. 




The day started off beautiful but eventually got pretty cloudy, but that makes for beautiful pictures of the cathedral, campanile, and duomo! 




After taking a quick nap (my mom was jet lagged and I was tired from my last midterm today which went very well) we went to my Mexican restaurant for dinner. Out of all the people who could have showed up at the restaurants, two of my roommates and their friends came in. 

Well... 

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts