Sketching the World

Today was a little frustrating. Right when I thought I've been done with my plaster horses, I found something else to fix on it. Unfortunately, this means my mom won't be able to take it home like I had initially thought, and thus it is one more thing to ship home at the end of the semester (or potentially even carry it on the airplane.. plaster scratches extremely easily). If that wasn't frustrating enough, I'm trying to figure out what to add to my stone elephant. I think I want to do some kind of decoration on the front of the trunk but the dimensions of the stone are throwing me off. I'm glad it's almost spring break because I'm having artist's block (at least for sculpture)!


Ceramics, on the other hand, is going pretty well. I have to have some sketches by the end of break, so I've been working hard trying to figure out the technical aspects of making my globe actually spin as well as figuring out design aspects. At this point, I'm still working on the basics. This was a freehand (super rough, pretty simplified) sketch I did of the world. From here, I'll probably have to draw each continent individually to figure out where I'll place animals, monuments, flags, or all of the above (I have yet to decide).


I'm writing this entry super early tonight because I'm really excited for tomorrow and tomorrow needs to come sooner. Why? Because my mom is coming to visit me! I'm glad I have a long day of classes tomorrow to keep me busy, and as soon as I'm out of my last class she will be landing here! 

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts