Msanii the Rhino and Tembo the Elephant

Today was pretty mellow since I only had one class. I got a lot done in sculpture today and I am now almost all done with my elephant, which I think I'm going to name Tembo (Swahili for elephant). So far, my travels have had a huge impact on my art here in Italy whether it be my box representing all seven continents, the rhino which I named Msanii, and this elephant and I'm glad I'm able to produce art that is is so personal. I have to add a few finishing touches on Tembo, and then he will be done! I'm still not sure how he's coming home though...



After class, I had a quick meeting with my group for my museology presentation. We ran through our entire powerpoint and it went well, so hopefully we will get a good grade when we present this Friday. After that, I made a quick pharmacy run to get bandages for my ankle (it hurts to stand but walking has been okay so far) and it feels better already. Tomorrow is a long day with cinema and ceramics, where I have to finish painting my vase so....

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts