Italian Movie Night

Today was my long day (and extra long because of a SACI event) but a good day. In my cinema class, we watched The Sheltering Sky-- another Bernardo Bertolucci film. I got really excited because our professor said it took place in Africa but the movie was horrible and there was hardly any dialogue. Oh well! 

In ceramics, we continued work on our coil pots because we have to decorate them on Thursday. My pot was originally supposed to be taller but I like it how it is now (and even cut down the neck more). After spending nearly 40 minutes smoothing the entire pot, I can now say at least this phase is done.



When I got home, I gave in to my craving and made a hamburger with arugula, egg, grilled onions, and grated cheese (it was the only one I had at the apartment.. as you can see from the top of the burger it didn't go so well). 




But my day wasn't over yet! I had to sketch more for ceramics and at 7:30pm, I headed back to SACI for movie night (with the professor I have). As you can see from the picture below, it was not crowded... In fact, only three other people were there.



I'm definitely not complaining about how few people were there though, because we each got our own bag of popcorn and bar of chocolate courtesy of Tina, who was expecting a few more people. We watched I Cento Passi, translated to The One Hundred Steps, which was all about the mafia and a true story. It was very interesting, very dramatic, and very touching. This movie was one of the few movies that Tina is showing that I haven't seen so I am very glad I went tonight even though I couldn't get anyone to go with me. We had a great discussion following the movie but were then practically kicked out of SACI because it closes at 10pm! It was an eventful day to say the least.

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts