Free Field Trips!

Today was very easy going. In the morning, two of my roommates and I went on a much needed cleaning spree in the apartment. We clean on a regular basis and we aren't messy, but for some reason these Italian apartments get dirty really quickly. 


After our spree, I had to go to sculpture. Unfortunately, part of my elephant's back leg chipped off (when I wasn't even working on it) so I had to improvise. My professor suggested I create a bevel effect on the legs, so that is that I am going to do. It will make my piece a little more modern but also "more valuable" according to my professor. Whatever that means. I also started working on the trunk. This is what it looks like now, but you can't see the bevel effect on the picture that well. 




After sculpture, I went to the front desk to see if there were any field trips coming up and there are-- for free too! So, I signed up to go to Siena and San Gimignano this Saturday. I went to Siena when I was studying abroad in Rome the summer before college, but I wasn't feeling well that day so I'm excited to go back. 


For dinner, I gave in to my weakness and made a hamburger. It's pretty funny that I miss food I rarely eat at home. I was also pretty happy when I found M&M's at Conad. Mmmmm! 


Ciao for now! 

Comments

Popular Posts