Finishing Touches

Today was a very good day in the sculpture department. I finished beveling the back legs of my elephant and then began to sketch out a design. Drawing on this kind of stone is super difficult because it gets rubbed off easily. As it was, I used up almost an entire pencil sketching on my elephant. Below is the sketch of the design I'm doing-- a blanket with decoration draped on top of the elephant, and a sun-like pattern on the legs.



Then, it was time to start carving! I'll have to take away stone under the last row of triangles but I think it's coming along pretty well and it looks even better in person. I'm just not sure how this is getting back to LA!! 



After class, I had to meet my group to do our powerpoint for our midterm. One group member was nearly 30 minutes late (why I hate group projects) so we have to meet one more time to finish it, and again to rehearse our presentation. Oh boy! I have to finish some sketches now so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts