Hollowing the Rhino

Today was a bitter sweet day... In my cinema class we began a 5 hour long Bernardo Bertolucci movie called 1900 (Novecento in Italian). After class, I had to go to ceramics. The good news is that I finished my rhino head and I'm happy with how it will look on the wall.... 





The bad news is that I had to cut it in half like this...




So that I could hollow the entire rhino head out! 





So now it looks like this... with foil on the horns so that the clay will dry faster so I can go back to the studio tomorrow and hollow it out even more (and eventually piece it back together on Thursday).




After ceramics, I came home and watched a movie with my roommate since we didn't have any homework. In the evening, we went to the last "cooking class" of the semester, where my cinema professor brought prosciutto, salami, a range of cheeses, bread, canned tomatoes, eggplant, pate (chicken liver), really amazing truffle sauce that will be great with pasta and some other appetizers. Now, we will know which cold cuts and cheeses we want to buy at the market. 

Well, tomorrow will be another long day at the studio between my sculpture class and the extra time I have to spend at ceramics finishing my rhino head and starting the second project so that I can start the third project on Thursday (and finally be all caught up).....

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts