A Private Sculpture Studio

This morning/afternoon was busy busy busy! I had my cinema class from 9-1pm where we watched the American version of the Italian film L'Ultimo Bacio. It sucked. The acting was so bad that it made me want to watch L'Ultimo Bacio again, and by now I've already seen it five or six times! After my class, I stopped by the apartment for a quick lunch break (spicy ramen for a change, since it's getting cold here and one can only eat so much Italian food). 

Then, I headed back to SACI to use the sculpture studio. Since the studio is in the garden and not connected to any of the drawing, painting or ceramics studios, I had to leave my school ID at the front desk so I could get the keys to the studio. 




I could have worked in the area outside, but it was pretty chilly today and I eventually needed some tools inside so I fumbled with all the keys and the four doors until I found the one that worked. Italian locks are pretty hard to get open, even if you have the right key! It was pretty cool having the whole studio to myself.. It was so empty and I had more than enough table space to work with!





It also meant I could take selfies without being judged! ;)




I ended up staying for nearly two hours, during which I began to build up the horses more. However, the three dimensionality doesn't really translate to pictures such as the one below. At this point I need to fix the hair and then start getting more details in, possibly even adding a fourth horse. We'll see what I have time for, as this is already due at the beginning of next week! 




Afterwards, I went back to my apartment to rest for awhile and then it was off to the "cooking class". I put that in parentheses because despite what SACI calls it, it is not in fact a cooking class. The teacher brings us food already made, and we eat it and talk about food culture in Italy. Tonight we had eggplant parmesan and some crostini appetizers, and a dessert cookie that is only found in Florence during carnival. 


Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts