Chilly in Chile

Well, after a 24+ hour trip, we finally made it to Chile. It was an interesting trip to say the least, considering the fact that our plane stopped in 4 different cities along the way to Punta Arenas, as well as the fact that we sat on the tarmac for over an hour due to air traffic control strikes. I am beyond exhausted and have an early day tomorrow, so I will keep this entry short.


Upon arriving in Punta Arenas (Chile) my mom and I proceeded to the hotel with one of the guides from Antarctica XXI, the company we are traveling with. Almost immediately upon our arrival at the hotel, we were taken to a room to try on our rubber, waterproof boots that we will have to wear due to the wet landings we will be making on shore. Following that, we attended a one hour briefing, where we were told everything we needed to know before embarking on the Ocean Nova, our boat. 


After seeing pictures of how close we can actually get to the animals, I am extremely excited for this adventure. I am also excited to put my marine biology knowledge from my senior year to the test, as we will (hopefully) be seeing many of the creatures that I learned about throughout the course.

Comments

Popular Posts