Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 7

Wow, have we really been here a week?! I feel like I've lived here awhile now. I already know my way around the city (better than I thought I would).

Today was a very special day. Our group got to go see the pope! Although I'm not Catholic, this was a once in a lifetime experience and I didn't want to miss it! When we were waiting in line, it was evident just how happy the locals were. Everyone was cheering, chanting, and clapping. 



Once we got inside, I was at a loss of words. Seeing so many people gathered together for one occasion was extremely powerful. The paintings in the Vatican also blew me away. Rafael's painting caught my eye because of his extreme attention to detail and color use. Now, I understand why he was crowned the better painter, as opposed to Michelangelo. 



Here were all the people outside the Vatican-- luckily we were inside! 



A few hours later, during the thunderstorm, our apartment had a very unpleasant surprise-- a flooding sink. When we contacted several different people, nobody seemed to know what was going on, ugh! Now we have to deal with a sink that keeps gurgling up black water. What a day!! 

Ciao for now! 

Comments

Popular Posts