Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 16

Today was one of the longest days yet. We left the apartment by 7:45am to get to class at the Vatican by 9:30 (public transportation takes THAT long). Luckily, we didn't have to wait in super long lines like everyone else. We did, however, have to take notes for art history-- lots of them. We analyzed specific paintings, rooms and eventually the Sistine Chapel. The Sistine Chapel was beautiful and since I had never seen it before, I was very excited. The rooms were hot and crowded and class was over 3 1/2 hours today, but I had fun nonetheless.


The above painting isn't in the Sistine Chapel but I love all the detail... So, I decided to post it!! 

Afterwards, we had free time. My friend and I went on a quick gelato run while waiting for the bus (that seems to be the usual routine on hot afternoons). I guess the buses don't run as frequently here because we were waiting for a good 45 minutes. We then had to wait another 15-20 minutes for the tram! I will never complain about public transportation in LA, or anywhere for that matter, ever again! 

Ciao for now! 



Comments

Popular Posts