Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 14

Today we took a day trip to my favorite place in all of Italy: Pompei (that's the Italian way of spelling it!) The weather was much better than I was there in 2008, so I wasn't dying from the heat as much (though it was humid!!) However, we had to take a 2 hour tour (with a guide) so I didn't get to see what I hadn't already seen. Aside from that, I enjoyed wandering around the city and looking at everything that was still preserved. We saw bakeries, bodies, vases, mosaics, and marble tables. You'd think more would have been ruined after all those years of being covered in ash!  


After our tour, I was too hot to wander around Pompei so my friends and I went shopping. On our way down the stairs, a vendor thought that me and two of my friends were Nick's three wives, and we went along with it!! Needless to say, we had quite a laugh. I spent two hours looking for cameos, since I never got one on my first trip, and I finally found some I liked! I got a ring (the base is a shell) and an earring/necklace set (the base is polished lava rock from Pompei). The vendor loved Americans and had a friend from California, so I got a really good price! 





Well, our "vacation" is now over and it's back to studying for my first college final tomorrow. It's been fun, Sorrento.

 Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts