Museo Novecento

Today my museology class had a field trip to the Museo Novecento, one of the only modern art museums in Florence. The content of the museum itself was pretty weird and we ended up going over half an hour over so naturally I wasn't a fan. But, I saw this quote on the courtyard wall and liked it (probably my favorite part of the museum... Kind of sad). 



My other favorite part of the museum was the view of Piazza Santa Maria Novella, which is about a block and a half from my apartment. It was a beautiful, hot, sunny day today so a lot of people were out. 




After the field trip, I was craving some french fries so I finally caved in and went to McDonald's (don't judge me... I've done a pretty good job without American food and I never go to McDonald's at home). On the way, I decided to do a little shoe shopping. I only brought two pairs of shoes with me (nearly knee high boots and tennis shoes) and with how hot it's been getting during the day, I decided to buy a pair of sandals. These will be coming with me to the Amalfi coast this weekend!




I also had to do a little snack/junk food shopping for my weekend trip. I leave tomorrow morning for Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano and Ravello and the train ride is over three hours with transfers.... I'll need to munch!




At Conad I also found this... Coffee? Nope-- coffee ice cream in a plastic coffee mug. Pretty cute!




I did a lot of cleaning today (you should have seen all the dust under my bed... YUCK. The apartment must not have been cleaned before we arrived in January. Now I finally know why I've been sneezing so much). I still have a bit of work to do before my long journey tomorrow so...

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts