Fired Animals

Today turned out to be much shorter than usual. In my cinema class, we watched La Grande Bellezza which is like a modern version of La Dolce Vita. Just like La Dolce Vita, I found it very boring because the movie followed the lives of some very wealthy people and almost all they do is party. 

Ceramics ended up being pretty short today since we are on our last project. My animals were fired in the kiln, as you can see below. If you look really closely (under the eyes of the elephants, on the foot of the rhino, and a few other places) I missed a few spots with the colored slip so the red fired clay is showing through. I can't fix it now, so it will just have to be like that. Anyways, I ended up glazing all of the animals within the first 15 minutes of class and then had nothing to do, so I was allowed to leave early. Hopefully this Thursday I'll have a critique on all of my pieces so that I can ship it all home. 



When I got home, I went on another one of my cleaning/packing sprees. I only have about a week and a half here so it's time to start wrapping everything up. 




Our water heater was finally fixed, so we have hot water again! Sorry for the late entry but our internet was SO slow and nothing would load.... Yikes. 

Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular Posts