Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 1

After a 2+ hour flight delay, you can imagine how relieved our group was to FINALLY leave the airport. While the flight mainly consisted of us reading our textbook for Art History, the flight went by fast and we made up for lost time. I particularly enjoyed flying over the Alps, which were covered in snow.




When we arrived at the apartments, I was pleasantly surprised. My apartment has a kitchen, a sitting area, two balconies, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a laundry room. We are housed in a very residential/Italian area, so I have already been putting my Italian to use in the pizzerias and coffee shops (not many people speak a word of English!) by ordering food and asking questions. 



It's truly unbelievable to me that after all the countdowns I am finally in Rome! I've been getting my bearings straight within our neighborhood and have already been to the Italian market to buy cooking ingredients with the four girls I will be living with. I am so thankful for this opportunity and I absolutely LOVE our group! I'm ready for the best summer yet!!!!

Ciao for now <3

Comments

Popular Posts