Freshman Seminar in Rome Day 20

Today our group went to Florence. We took a 2 hour walking tour with our fabulous guide Marco and got an idea of where we wanted to go during our 6 hours of free time. I particularly enjoyed seeing the replica of the statue of David, since its so famous. Maybe if/when I come back to Florence I will see the real one.

During our free time, Allison, Lexi and I went to Leonardo da Vinci's museum. We got to touch most of his inventions, so it was fun! I sat in some device that helped pull heavy weights.. Talk about girl power! 


I also pretended to be Mona Lisa! 


From there, we ran into our friend Sebastian so we expanded our group. I enjoyed this because I had never talked to him before and I feel like I made a new friend. Once he joined our group, our day became very interesting. We ran into some teenagers from Spain who were participating in a contest where they had to take pictures with different people at different sites. We all formed the Eiffel Tower with them and then they were on their way to the next site! From there, we went to a tie store where we gave girl advice on formal shirts and ties. Since the store owner liked us all, she gave Sebastian a discount and told him to treat us all to gelato (which he did!) 


We also went to a euro only store (a 99 cent store) where we saw a gypsy steal some makeup. It was a very interesting day indeed. 

Ciao for now! 


Comments

Popular Posts